Sarta cireotago (Unbroken Circle)
I wanted to challenge myself to compose something with variety instead of repeating the same thing over and over, so I decided to compose with some rules (quoted from this discussion):
- No repeats
- At least 128 measures; ideally 256
- No unreasonably slow tempos; at most 6 natural beats per measure.
- No notes longer than half. Only one longer than quarter per two measures.
- Each nonempty measure must be different, wherever it is.
- At least one part must be playing at all times.
- Each part must play at least half the time, or 75% if fewer than 6 parts.
So I decided to create something filled with action, and finished in one or two days.
The score below was created with 2.0, so make sure you open it in 2.0.