Lyrics editor for MuseScore
Mr. Peter Jones (shoogle) was doing a project to implement this feature, a couple of years back and since it's not completed yet, I hope to continue from where he stopped. (https://github.com/musescore/MuseScore/pull/2326)
This is the original feature specification done by him.
I'm an undergraduate at University of Moratuwa, reading for a Bachelor in Computer Science and Engineering degree. I was assigned to implement a lyrics editor for MuseScore as our semester project.
This is my first time developing a project in C++ and Qt and I know this will be a challenge and a great experience for me. And I'm hoping to give this the best I can and complete the project as best as I can.
These are the features I'm planning to implement.
• to add lyrics without going through the “Add” menu.
• edit lyrics of multiple notes at the same time.
• copy-paste lyrics into the editor and automatically add lyrics to corresponding notes.
• search Internet for lyrics without leaving MuseScore.
• to check spellings of lyrics.
As I'm a complete beginner in this context, I will be needing all the help I can get from the MuseScore community and I hope that you guys will help me through my project.
I will keep updating this post as the project progresses. Wish me luck :-)