Move Selection Diatonically
Is there a way to move a selection diatonically, instead of chromatically?
MuseScore doesn't seem to have symetry between mouse and keyboard actions. That is, there are some actions which are only available via the mouse, and others only via the keyboard.
In this case, it appears that MuseScore:
1. Allows diatonic transposition via the mouse, but not via the keyboard;
2. Allows chromatic transposition via keyboard, but not via the mouse;
3. Allows transposition of selected items via the keyboard, but not via the mouse.
4. Using the arrow key on a selected block of items doesn't transpose it, but extends the selection.
So it seems that MuseScore can only transpose selections (blocks of items) chromatically.
This is unfortunate, since diatonic transposition of a selected group is extremely useful. I've gotten used to having it in other programs (*cough*noteflight*cough*) and it makes operations such as these really, really easy:
1. Double a melodic line in thirds or sixths.
2. Copy a bass motif, but transpose it to fit the harmony.
3. Copy an accompaniment pattern, but transpose it to fit the harmony.
With diatonic transposition, these operations are childishly simple.
Is there some magic key combination I should be using to do this? I've even broken down and read the manual, but not seen anything.