Notation for Keyboard that crosses staves

• Jul 5, 2019 - 14:51

I can't remember how to write a chord or arpeggio for the piano (or other keyboard instrument) in which some of the notes are in the Bass Clef and some are in the Treble clef. I know it can be done, but I don't know what it is called so I can't search for it in the Handbook. Can someone point me to those instructions?


In reply to by Jojo-Schmitz

Ah, and that was exactly what I was trying to do. I was transcribing something by Stephen Foster, and that is the way it was done in the original, 19th century piano/vocal score and I wanted to stick as closely as possible to the origianal.

Screen Shot 2019-07-05 at 12.29.37 PM.png

Well, I suppose it doesn't really matter. I'll just put all the notes in the treble clef—or maybe put the lower ones in Voice 1 in the Bass Clef and make the stems really, really, long so it looks like they are connected.

Do you still have an unanswered question? Please log in first to post your question.