Saving Zita1 Settings
MuseScore does not appear to save the Zita1 synth settings consistently. I have been meticulous about setting my default and saving to scores. Eventually. though, upon opening a score, (or sometimes within the same session) I will hear something wrong with my score. When I check my synth settings they are definitely not what I had saved.
[EDIT] I am currently running MS3.3.3 on Windows 10, though the problem has been apparent on previous versions of MS3.x.
My steps to remedy this?
1. Load Default. This should restore my settings to what I had set.
No good. The settings will not change.
Load from Score. This should load the saved settings from the currently active score.
No good. Somehow the settings which I have saved to the score are now overwritten by the new "default".
Load my settings from a score which is known to have the correct settings.
No good. Seemingly impossible, but somehow the settings which were previously saved to a score are no longer accessible.
Manually re-enter my Zita1 settings dial by dial.
This works, but it is a lot of time and effort to do so. I have actually printed a screen shot of my correct settings for quick reference.
Perhaps unrelated is the fact that I have been in the habit of following the technique in this tutorial:
( https://musescore.org/en/node/273022 ) which allows great flexibility in emulating and separately controlling apparent mic distance and room size. I don't think this is the cause of my problem, as I have had this same issue with scores to which I have not applied this technique.
I fully admit that there must be something that I am doing wrong, and I would change that behaviour if I could, but for the life of me, I can't isolate the problem.
I'll attach a sample score, though the problem currently applies to all my scores, and the settings you are likely to see are doubtfully the ones which I have set.
|1-13 Why_am_I_Here_Reprise MS3.mscz||101.56 KB|