Is there a direct way to add an SVG image to a custom palette?
With ease I’ve successfully created a number of custom palettes in MuseScore 184.108.40.206537 (on MacOS):
- a palette with about 70 jazz chord diagrams
- a palette that contains numerous symbols dragged in from the Master Palette>Symbols
- and my favorite: a collection my most frequently used items from various palettes. What a time saver. Wonderful option!
Now I want to:
a. add some SVG images to MuseScore's Noteheads palette
b. create a new palette that will host numerous SVG items such as custom drawn arrows and strum symbols.
Unfortunately I haven’t found instructions in the Handbook for directly adding SVGs to a palette.
I’ve seen forum discussions that describe dragging an SVG file directly onto the palette. So I tried that, without success. When doing so I saw a green + sign once I positioned the cursor over the palette, so things looked promising. But on mouseUp MuseScore never deposited the SVG object in the palette.
Eventually I managed to get an SVG object into a palette:
- I dragged the SVG file onto a note, rest or frame in a score
- from there I could sometimes Command-Shift drag the SVG from the score to the palette. But duplicating that success was tricky—and I still don’t know the secret.
Am I overlooking an obvious means for directly adding SVGs to a palette?
Ideally dragging an SVG file from any directory folder to the palette would suffice. If that's not currently possible, please consider this a request.