Long playback delay in areas with a lot of hairpins after editing even just a single note
I recently have noticed that whenever I make even the smallest edit to a part in a measure that contains multiple hairpins, it takes an unproductively long time to start playback, sometimes as long as 20 seconds.
When I edit a part outside of hairpins on the same score, playback is almost immediate, so it is not a score size issue. This problem is consistent across multiple devices, and I have never experienced this problem until recently, however it is present in multiple scores now.
I have attached a small portion of a large orchestral piece I have been working on.
To reproduce this problem:
- Press play without making any edits to factor out the delay of first time playback.
- Make a single edit anywhere in mm. 1-48.
- Press play - the delay should be around 5-10 seconds, however the delay is much worse in the full version of the score.
- Now make an edit somewhere after m. 48, where no hairpins are contained, but everything else is about the same.
- Press play - playback should be immediate.
The only solution for fast editing/playback I have found at this time is to delete all of the hairpins until I have finalized the parts, which is inconvenient but still manageable.
|Playback delay issues with hairpins - Camilo Aybar.mscz||18.69 KB|