Measures can't be selected if Voice 1 is turned off (and no notes in other voices), "No destination to paste" if pasting onto a measure where only lines/dynamics selected.
1) Create a new score, add a few notes to the 1st measure in voice 1
2) Add a few notes to the same measure 1 in voice 2
3) Use the selection filter to turn off voice 1
4) Select the whole measure
5) Now click on the 2nd measure to indicate where you want to paste...selection is cleared but 2nd measure not shown as selected, and pasting does nothing.
6) Go back to measure 1, select a note in voice 2 and add a dynamic (any)
7) Now delete the v2 notes, and delete resultant v2 rests, so there are no v2 notes or rests in that measure
8) Click on the measure - note that it works this time, the blue rectangle is shown and the dynamic is shown as selected (in green)
9) Try to paste (Ctrl+V) - the error measure "No destination to paste" is shown, despite the fact a measure is clearly selected.
10) Insert a measure before this measure (so that it becomes the 2nd)
11) Start note entry mode (N) - but it starts in measure 1!
a) should be able to select measures/ranges even if there are no elements in voices 2-4 and "voice 1" is turned off
b) should be able to paste into such a selected measure (or any range) even if there are no notes/rests in v2-4.
c) note entry should start at such a selected measure (or any range) even if there are no notes/rests in v2-4.