Multi-Measure Repeats in 2.0
Here is my solution for the multi-measure repeat. This symbol is a bit unconventional, and I usually only see drummers use it as a short hand:
1) Ensure there is an empty measure (or a measure with only rests) in the location you want the symbol.
2) Insert a Measure Repeat sign from the "Repeats" Palette in the empty measure.
3) Insert Staff Text (cmd + t on a Mac).
4) Type the number of bars to be repeated for.
5) Change the font of the number to "MScore," and the font size to 25.
6) Drag the number above the Measure Repeat sign.
7) Select the measure after the repeat measure.
8) Right-Click, select "Measure Properties."
9) Under "Add to measure number," type the number that is 1 less than the number above the symbol.
(example: If the repeat sign has an 8 above it, type 7 into the "Add to measure number" slot.
Now you have a Multi-Measure Repeat symbol that does not mess up your measure numbers. If you copy and paste this symbol to another location on the score, you must do steps (7)-(9) for every symbol you create. Otherwise you will mess up your measure numbers.