Element (dynamics hairpin) misplaced in piano part extraction

• Mar 23, 2015 - 10:11

1. Open the attached score Bon_anniversaire
(created from scratched)
see that f in decrescendo hairpin in mesure 4 are attached to F-clef staff but is centered
(it wasn't move when done)

2. Extract part (using "new each")
(done with bon_anniversaire2)

Actual result see that those two on piano part it isn't set in the center but down.
Expected result : as there where centered in the complete score, it should not have moved place....? ;)

3. then change attachement by moving them (it works for dynamics not for the haipin)
4. see part, doesn't have change (what a pity)

Workaround : doing avery dynamics and haiprins attached to G-clef staff ? at first

Question : did I miss something ?

Attachment Size
Bon_anniversaire.mscz 19.19 KB
Bon_anniversaire2.mscz 19.2 KB



I am guessing you created the score with the hairpin attached to the bottom staff, then dragged it above the staff sometime *after* generating parts. It is true that manual adjustments in a score don't affect the parts, and this is by design. "Most" manual adjustments wouldn't be the same between score and parts. What you are doing here should be be done by manual adjustment in the first palce - you should have simply attached the hairpin to the top staff in the first place.

But FWIW, had you done all your manual adjustments *before* generating the parts, the manual adjustments *would* have been copied to the parts. Only manual adjustments done after parts are generated are not copied.

Eventually, it would be nice to have some way of forcing a manual adjustment to be copied to parts - like if you hold "Alt" while dragging or something like that.

When we add them by dragging into a middle staff piano (I realise that I could just select the note and double click to the element in the palette) , it attached to a note, the "closest" one normally. In that part I didn't pay attention whether it was attached to the upper or "downer" staff, so then created the part and wanted to correct.
In that example (I said it in the other issue sorry for the "repeating") , if you attached to the upper staff at the first place, you have to change vertical offset in the inspector then as it automaticaly "overwrite" the note and either note/dynamics (f) aren't readable easily....
Maybe just adding staff space would be great in that score , and could be the best... I don't know ... What do you think?

I may pay attention, but that is a pity, so we still have to generate parts at the end. We can generate them and modify part or score that will be affected to the other ....? I understand.
Can I have just one example of manual adjustement score/part that wouldn't be reflected to part/score respectivelly ? Because, right now I don't see (exept for layout as in Style).... Thank you ;)

OK, so I see two concerns:

1) Dragging a hairpin between two staves sometimes attaches to the bottom staff, maybe this should be harder for instruments with two staves. I could see that, but I am not sure I'd want to make it too hard 0 what if you actually *wanted* to attach to the bottom staff? Still, the problem goes away as soon as you choose an easier method of adding the hairpin - double click or keybaord shortcut "<" / ">".

2) There are *lots* of situations where manual adjustments don't make sense to do the same in score and parts. Consider, in the score you might have a dynamic below a flute staff that is bumping into a note high above the oboe staff below. So you adjust it in the score, but that doesn't make sense in the part, because the oboe staff won't even be present. Or, in the part, there are 7 measures that fit on a line and the rehearsal mark runs into the tempo marking, so you adjsut it in the part, but the score has only 4 measures on that line, so it is not an issue there. or, in the part, you have a hairpin below the staff that collides with a chord symbol above the staff on the next system, so you move one to avoid the other, but those two symbols are nowhere near each other in the score. Or in the score, a certain measure is kind of crowded with respect to lyrics so you manually space them, but that same measure is not crowded in the part at all. And so on and so on.

Really, if you have your style set up appropriately, and aren't using manual adjustment as a substitute for attaching elements correctly in the first palce (eg, attaching a hairpin to the bottom staff when it should be attached to the top), I say *most* manual adjustment don't make sense to duplicate in the score and parts, because the conditions that require manual adjustments typically won't be the same.