Improving the Special Characters palette (F2)
I made some improvements in the Special Characters palette. It's in a PR. Feeback welcome.
The radio buttons and codepage are gone. The palette now contains 3 tabs.
* One for common symbols, exactly the same one that we used to be
* One for musical symbols, it currently displays the BravuraText font. A list is display on the right for direct access to Harp symbols for example.
* One for the current text font in the selected text. Similar to the All radio button before the change except it also features a list of Unicode ranges.
Looks good! But rather than just Bravuratext, why not show whatever the current score has set for its musical text font?
And for reference, the PR is at https://github.com/musescore/MuseScore/pull/2196
After some feedback on github, I adapted the code a bit.
* Some unicode ranges are not usable. I removed them.
* Now there is a splitter between the category list and the palette for unicode and musical symbols.
* For musical symbols I used the ranges.json file instead. Categories are more user friendly.
I just had a go at building this. Seems to work fine and it looks great too!
In reply to I just had a go at building by shoogle
OK I'm not easily impressed, but this is nice. If you want to add one more feature to tie it all together, how about a Search box to locate a symbol by name.
I'm hoping this will find its way into the next release!
In reply to OK I'm not easily impressed, by harbinger
It is already in the nightly builds, since a few hours