Crashes when importing Music XML from Sibelius
I have instant crashes whenever I attempt to import the attached Music XML file, originally created from Sibelius.
The crash occurs regardless of whether MS is (1) already open & stable with some other tab already open or, (2) MS is open but "empty" (i.e no current tab) or (3) if the file is opened from a file manager by File - Open with - MuseScore.
The crash occurs with both my Linux version and my Windows 10 version of MuseScore
On Linux I have MuseScore 2.0.2 build 3543170 QT version 5.3.0 on Kubuntu 14.04 (Trusty) LTS
On Win 10 I have MS 2.0.2 build f51dc11, QT version 5.4.2
On Win 10 I run Sibelius 7 - First ver 7.1.3
Win 10 itself is running in Virtual Box Version 5.0.12 r104815
If I run Sibelius -> midi file -> MuseScore, then the score opens in MS without crashing
If I make a Music XML score with MuseScore, then that file opens & operates without problems, as one would hope.
I have read some of these forums, the on-line help pages and the very nice book. The forums mention XML import crashes a while back but I didn't see any obvious "fix". There were comments about some libraries being too out of date in the older Ubuntu versions but that doesn't help much. The other documentation gives good coverage of XML use but again doesn't help with this fault condition. I didn't see any mention of a maximum xml file size but wonder if that might be part of the problem.
For the moment I can use midi to work round the problem but a real fix or any better advice would be very wecome.