How to ask for support or file reports
Navigate to the handbook page for Musescore 2: How to ask for support or file bug reports
Please use the search function of the website to see if someone has already encountered the same problem.
Before submitting your support request in the forum:
If posting in either the issue tracker (for established reports) or forum (for enquiries or discussions):
- Try to reproduce the issue with the latest nightly (not the 1.x series, as it won't receive further maintenance). You may also view the older and new version history to check whether it has been fixed/implemented already.
- Please include as much of the following information as you know and limit each issue to one report:
- Version/revision of MuseScore you are using (e.g. version 2.0, revision 2902cf6)
- Operating system being used (e.g. Windows XP SP3, Mac OS 10.7 or Ubuntu 10.10)
- If reporting a bug, describe the precise steps that lead to the problem (where do you click, what keys do you press, what do you see, etc.).
If you are not able to reproduce the problem with the steps, it is probably not worth reporting it as the developers will not be able to reproduce (and solve) it either. Remember that the goal of a bug report is not only to show the problem, but to allow others to reproduce it easily.