Thought I would explain my recent post on why MU4 is worthless. I know this will not matter since this is only happening to me, apparently. I therefore will put this all in one post. Do not ask for score since previously I showed an attachment on my end, but nothing showed up at the other end. And since only one issue even required adding a note, it is not necessary.
Here goes: these are just the annoying things
1. small font size in some menus. I have been given options for fixing this, but at the moment it's not worth the time.
2. double notes/chords at various moments. Mu3 was/is bad about double notes, but Mu4 goes to a new extreme. Chords pop up multiple times. This means stopping to edit out things not placed. Waste of time. I only added about 50 notes in one score and this was regular occurrence. Might get used to what is happening, but Why?
3. accidentals menu above working score. Forget the proper name. Since I use the natural sign often, I went to click there,(more later) none of the signs will click in without first turning off note entry mode. A tiresome process just to enter accidentals.
Now the ridiculous issues!
4. pallette menu on left of score. Since I was having issue using accidentals above score, I just opened the accidentals menu in pallette.(which 'is' what I do in Mu3) Click....Nothing. Just white with some fine/thin lines forming cubes about the size of a dice. I did find if I hovered the pointer over a square it would show what was in the box. This was true for everyone of the menus I opened. Not workable to get anything done!!
5. the topper... master pallette in view menu. Since nothing was working I just decided I would open the master pallette and get access to anything I might need. Not desirable with the menu always open, but it was best chance to get any work done, I thought. Clicked view(not easy finding/clicking correct item) menu dropped down(font size good) and I clicked master pallette ....Poof....closed out! Not a crash as I see in Mu3. No strange number file,(when I reloaded) just... gone! Back to chrome opening screen. New way to quick close Mu4.
That was enough. Back to Mu3. Clicked the icon in the shelf and...Nothing. I was told that Mu3 and Mu4 would be fine together, not for me. Only one could be installed at a time. I found this out as I tried to reload Mu4 after I finally got Mu3 reinstalled, and back and forth. I battled Mu4/Mu3 for couple weeks. With the obvious and serious problems I experienced with Mu4...this is why for ME Mu4 is worthless.