MuseScore 3.0.2 Release
Today we are pleased to release MuseScore 3.0.2.
The main change in this release is the reinstatement of the plugin framework, which makes the most popular plugins work in MuseScore 3. Another important improvement is the new login page which appears when you use the Save Online feature. This redesigned page allows you to use Google and Facebook to sign in and to create a new account right in the editor.
Download MuseScore 3.0.2 Release
This update fixes dozens of issues as well as adding a few improvements.
For a complete list of changes, see the release notes.
- Reworked login screen when using Save Online allows signing in via Facebook and Google and creating an account from within the editor
- New easy fingering input mode and other fingering improvements
- Plugins framework didn't work
- Grace notes displayed the wrong size in TAB staves
- Default window size was too large on a multi-monitor setup
- Color was not available as a text style setting, including issues with colouring lyrics for different voices
- Slurs were not exported properly to MusicXML
- Tempo text was not imported properly from MusicXML
- If you have already installed MuseScore 3 (or MuseScore 3.0.1), you should be automatically offered the opportunity to update the next time you start MuseScore. You can also update at any time by going to Help > Check for Update.
- The fixes in the plugin framework make Plugins work again in MuseScore 3. The Plugins API was changed a bit. If you are a developer of a plugin, please check out the new plugins API and update the plugin accordingly.
- Export to YouTube on musescore.com still doesn’t work for scores created in MuseScore 3. We know about this issue and the fix is almost ready.
- The issues kindly mentioned by @mike320
- Parts playback
- Plugins API documentation
- Porting most plugins to MuseScore 3 (call to action for Plugin authors/developers!)
- Performance and playback issues
- Read more about new features available in MuseScore 3
- Read more about fixes and improvements available in MuseScore 3.0.1