MuseScore 3.0.3 Released
Today we are pleased to announce MuseScore 3.0.3.
The main changes in this release are the performance improvements, the fixes for massively requested functionality like parts playback and the new crash report facility.
Download MuseScore 3.0.3 Release
Both 32 and 64-bit packages for Windows are now officially supported and based on the current Qt 5.12.1. The Mac build has been upgraded to Qt 5.12.1 too.
This update fixes dozens of issues as well as adding a few improvements.
Crash Report Facility
We introduced the crash report facility which allows users to send crash reports anonymously to our server. The reports contain information about the stack trace and necessary info about the device.
This functionality allows us to fix more hidden crashes which appear without a specific scenario. We will do our best to track all the crash logs and apply patches.
Two things were fixed to significantly improve the performance of the editor.
- We optimised the drawing of slurs/ties
- We removed the unnecessary updating of invisible widgets
We use this score designed by OpenScore fellows as a reference. It is a 191 pages and 11 parts score which is incredibly slow in MuseScore 3.0.2 and literally cannot work properly in MuseScore 2. You can see the results of the optimizations in the following video:
We supported MuseScore 2-like behavior in parts playback. When you switch to a Part tab, only the Part will be played. If you want to listen to the whole score, just use the checkbox in the mixer. All mixer settings like Mute/Solo are fully supported.
Other Improvements and Fixes
- Whole score playback can be turned on when in the Part tab using the mixer. Part playback works by default in the Part tab.
- Improved global performance
- Drag-and-drop user experience is improved
- Caesuras and section breaks didn't cause pauses in playback
- Some properties were not properly saved
- Fermatas over barlines could not be added
- Articulations could not be added to grace notes
- Redundant key/time signatures appeared in Page/Continuous view and Parts
- Visibility property was not properly applied
- Ties failed to be copied-pasted in a score with parts
- Keyboard navigation in Continuous View was broken
For a complete list of changes, see the release notes.
- If you have already installed any version of MuseScore 3 series, you should be automatically offered the opportunity to update the next time you start MuseScore. You can also update at any time by going to Help > Check for Update.
- Export to YouTube on musescore.com works for scores created in MuseScore 3
- Plugins API documentation draft is available here
- Further performance optimizations
- One-note dynamics and a new soundfont
- Start Center UX
- Plugins documentation
- Read more about new features available in MuseScore 3
- Read more about fixes and improvements available in MuseScore 3.0.1
- Read more about fixes and improvements available in MuseScore 3.0.2