Ties with Virtual Playing Orchestra sfz files
I'm using Musescore3 with Virtual Playing Orchestra sfz files.
When I set two whole tones and ties (total 8 beats length), and if I play it, there are cases that it sounds shorter than 8 beats length. Played beats length seems depends on using instrument and pitch.
Here is an example.
I set two C4 tones with ties, two G4 tones with ties, that means 8 beats length respectively.
1st-violin-SEC-sustain -> it become about 7 beats length
1st-violin-SEC-tremolo -> C4 is about 3 beats length, G4 is 8 beats length
viola-SEC-sustain -> C4 : partially about 5 beats length, remains is 8 beats length, G4 is 8 beats length
Here are other notes.
- If I write another pitch, its behavior is different but still short in most cases.
- It seems this behavior happens on Musescore3. If I use Musescore2 and Virtual Playing Orchestra, it seems this issue does not happen.
- recent build, MuseScoreNightly-2019-10-08-1157-master-2e7a18c-x86_64.7z has the same behavior.
- Musescore : Windows 7 SP 1 (6.1), Arch.: x86_64, MuseScore version (64-bit): 220.127.116.1179, revision: d3bff12
- Virtual Playing Orchestra
-- Wave files : version 3.1
-- sfz scripts : standard orchestra version 3.1.2
Just in case, I attached the sample mscz file which I used to create this post. It includes synthesizer setting of the Virtual Playing Orchestra in it.
I would like to know if there is any wrong my setting/usage or not.
Although I’m not sure this is known issue.