Tablature and Instrument changes
I would like to start a part with one guitar and change in the middle for another guitar in "drop D" (another tuning).
But it looks like the Tab is not separating the 2 instruments. If I change the tuning in one, it changes in both.
Should I open a bugs?
The obvious workaround is to create 2 parts (one for each guitar) and make one invisible, but it is not the same.
I joined an example file, the Instrument change is called "Drop D" ...
I would say this needs an issue. I saw a discussion among the programmers the other day about this, but a bug report will help remind people that it needs fixed.
BTW, I looked at issues for more than a year and found the Epic tablature issue without finding this being reported.
In reply to I would say this needs an… by mike320
Seems to relates to https://musescore.org/en/node/284875
I will try to link my comment here.
In reply to Seems to relates to https:/… by BrnVrn
better: #284875: Integrate instrument and staff type changes
I have been tracking down this issue, but I'm stuck on one bug.
First of all, I accidentally fixed the ability of editing the proper tab string data when I was working on a similar problem with Edit Drumset, along with other instrument change fixes in this PR (following Marc Sabatella's suggestion of tracking down unticked part()->instrument() calls)
So it now edits the correct string data depending on where you rightclick->staff properties.
BUT the code still saves the wrong data to the file when using linked staves.
I tried tracking what happens in the code, but reached my limits. What I can tell is:
- The stringData for instrument changes is properly saved on either a single tab or a single standard staff.
- When using linked staves, the code saves the Instrument Changes stringData properly. Then it does a second "save", but with the stock stringData information (nor from the InstrumentChange, nor from the starting instrument, but from the default tablature from instruments.xml). This doesn't happen with individual staves.
Maybe just a tick missing. I hope someone can look into this soon.
In reply to I have been tracking down… by elerouxx
In case someone else looks into this, this is an example of what happens (tested with the above PR so it allows editing string data).
In this linked staves, there are 4 instruments that had string data edited. (one starting staff instrument plus 3 Instrument Changes).
I edited the number of frets from 19 (stock Classical Guitar) to 20 in the first Staff instrument, then to 21, 22 and 23 in the other instrument changes.
So before saving, frets were:
20, 21, 22, 23
And after reloading the file
20, 19, 19, 19
This PR fixes the saving of string Data on linked staves.
However, the ability to edit the proper string data is in the above mentioned PR. Both additions should solve the Drop D case, eventually.