During Playback of an Individual Instrument Part of a Score, If Solo, at any time, transitions from On to Off in the Mixer for the Instrument Part, other Non-Muted Instruments in the Full Score Play for that Part when Solo is Off.
The attached file contains a one page 4-part score in which the 3 brass instruments are muted by default leaving only the piano playing. An individual instrument part (e.g. Horn in F) will normally play according to the mixer Solo/Mute controls as follows:
_Off____Off__ Instrument plays
However, if Solo transitions from On to Off in the mixer for the Part at any time, regardless of the Mute state, the individual part will then play according to the mixer Solo/Mute controls as follows:
_Off____Off__ Part Instrument and non-muted instruments from full score play
_Off____On___Other non-muted instruments from full score play
This condition can be reset by cycling ‘Play part only’ in the mixer for the Part.
The following procedure performed using my computer configuration of:
HP 17z-ca100 Laptop
AMD Ryzen 5 3500U (4 core, 8 thread) mobile processor with Radeon Vega 8 graphics
17” Full HD (1920x1080) display
Windows 10 Home (64 bit)
Version 20H2 - OS Build 19042.985
produces the noted behavior.
- Load score
- Open mixer
- Select tab for a brass instrument part
- In mixer, click on Solo to turn it On
- In mixer, click on Solo to turn it Off
- Initiate playback – only piano plays
- In mixer, click on Solo to turn it On – no sound
- In mixer, click on Mute to turn it Off – instrument plays
- In mixer, click on Solo to turn it Off – instrument and piano play
- In mixer, click on ‘Play part only’ to turn it Off – non-muted instruments in full score play (piano)
- In mixer, click on ‘Play part only’ to turn it On – instrument plays
I didn’t investigate, the case(s) where a Part contains more than one instrument, but it obviously needs some investigation to produce a solution to the complete problem.