File Names & Corrupt Fie Error
I know that it's contrary to most modern practice, but my preference is to have capitalized filename extensions (e.g.: .TXT, .MSCZ, .WAV, etc.). I prefer it because I like to be able to distinguish file types at a glance.
I just started working on my first score with MuseScore, and I saved my work with a .MSCZ extension. MuseScore did not complain, and appeared to be saving my work. Next day, I attempted to open the file on which I had been working, and I got a dialog box informing me that the file had become corrupted. One option presented was to open it anyway. I chose that option, and got a big empty nothing.
I had a feeling. I've been an IT professional for decades. I had a suspicion. I renamed the file, just changing the extension to lower case and, voilà, the file opened without error.
This error is reproducible. I tried restoring the upper case extension and the error returned.
OS: Windows 8.1 (6.3), Arch.: x86_64, MuseScore version (64-bit): 184.108.40.2068021803, revision: 3224f34