Yet another MIDI input issue
So I have scored the forum and Google for solutions and I'm out of luck. The issue is that I'm away from my studio and my portable USB Midi keyboard is not triggering any MIDI in MuseScore whatsoever.
To save everyone the obvious questions:
- keyboard was plugged in before launching MS
- Midi input is ON
- Midi input for note entry is ON
- Keyboard DOES show up (sometimes) in Prefs. However much of the time when I apply changes and then re-enter the Preferences both Input and Output fields are often BLANK. Currently, the there is NOTHING in the pull-down menu for input and output (quitting MuseScore, unplugging and re-plugging the keyboard and relaunching MuseScore DID allow the keyboard to be selected in Preferences, but still no joy)
- Resetting MIDI / Audio drivers has no effect
- Restarting the computer and making sure no DAW is active has no effect
- Turning on Note input and pressing Middle C has no effect, even on a brand-new piano score
- Keyboard works perfectly in Ableton, Logic etc.
- My other keyboards in my studio DO work (or let's say, up to this point HAVE worked), in fact I've been able to set up a Midi loop so that I can trigger high-quality VSTs in Ableton Live from MuseScore, which is super sweet (when it's working!)
I'm on a Mac OSX 10.15.7. Keyboard is a Korg nanoKey2
So..... am I missing something dumb or is MuseScore known to be unstable when it comes to MIDI? What else can I try? I suppose I could revert my preferences to default but man that's going to be a real bummer...