How to mark rest bars where my instrument is not playing.

• Nov 7, 2023 - 09:56

I am working on a flute score for a wind ensemble. Where the flutes are silent for several bars there is placed one bar with a line in it and the number of silent bars above it. What do you call this? How do you do it? It looks like this. Silent bars.jpeg


In reply to by Jojo-Schmitz

Sorry Jojo, can you be a bit more explicit? In score mode I pressed M but it didn't seem to do anything. In that mode if I press S it puts in a slur, but pressing M didn't seem to do anything.

Do you still have an unanswered question? Please log in first to post your question.