I need your help, how to go from one key to another

• May 2, 2015 - 13:27

Hi! I'm writing my own composition and at the end I want to change key from F major to G major. The last acord in F major key is C major and the first acord in G major key is E minor. How I can go from F to G? I was thinking about D major between this two.


Are you asking how to actually add the key isgnature? Just drag it from the palette, releasing on the first measure of the new key.

If you are looking for advice on how to actuall make this happen musically, a standard approach is to use the V chord in the new key, so indeed, D. If you already have an E minor chord, then B (the V of E minor) might also be good. It all depends, of course, on the music itself.

Do you still have an unanswered question? Please log in first to post your question.