Playback (and related) requests
For better usability, I would prefer one dockable playback transport (combine with the play panel?) with volume and tempo, etc. Here are some other things I'd like or noticed as possible bugs in that area:
1. Would like to be able to insert tempo by explicit number.
2. Would like explicit stop button rather than 'unclicking' play button. (Note that tooltip for play button still says 'start' playback even when the action of clicking it will stop playback during play)
3. Would be nice to have an indicator within score as to where playback will begin (I find myself clicking play with nothing happening until I realize I am still at the end of the score -- perhaps when play stops at the end of the song the sequencer should reset to the beginning so that the next press of play will start at that start again?
4. playback position indicator bug? -- if I am in the play panel and play has ended, when I do click the 'rewind to start' button, the playback position scroller does not return to the beginning.
5. playback/input mode bug? -- if I am in input mode and click play button, then stop, the input mode is not indicated even though I am still in input mode (the N input button is no longer depressed.)
6. When I am in input mode and focus is lost on the window, I would like the first click in the score window to simply reset focus to it rather than adding a note. (internally, I would guess that you would simply exit input mode temporarily when focus is lost, then return to it when focus returns if it was set before focus was lost.)
7. Would be nice to have fast forward / rewind.
8. Would be nice to have a way to section off one part of the score for playback. (For example I may be working on writing or learning a song and repeatedly working on one section without caring about the rest of the song.)
9. Auto-repeat option for entire score. (play starts from the beginning after reaching the end automatically when this option is set.)
PS: I just downloaded this software a few days ago and I am impressed, it works great! (well, had one annoying crash when adding a chord, but can't get it to repeat) I've already created 4 songsheets for my band rehersals :)