Keyboard layout map showing shortcuts? - (offer to design if none exists)
Happy New Year everyone!
I'd really like to see a diagram showing a (QWERTY) keyboard with the various keyboard shortcuts, rather like this (for Blender):
1. Does such a thing exist? If not, I'd like to make one.
2. Would I be correct in thinking that parsing the "shortcuts.xml" file is a good place to start? I plan to parse it using Perl and LibXML.
3. Does anyone know of software for generating such a keyboard layout programmatically (as opposed to drawing it in a drawing package)? - I have looked for software but can't find anything. If not, I plan to write code to do it, again using Perl. I've already written a script which produces a simple keyboard layout (with simple key labels) in SVG, using size/position/label parameters from an external file (thus allowing for different keyboard designs). It will need a wee bit of modifying to fit in SHIFT+key, CTRL+key, etc.
4. Of course I am happy to share anything I make. However, my programming skills are minimal - I only really play around in Perl. Would anyone like to give any suggestions as to how I can, at the very least, make my code the most helpful to anyone who wants to use it and perhaps incorporate it it into the main program, if appropriate?
5. Any other comments? I imagine the word "scancodes" might be relevant....
Looking forward to giving something back....