Dynamics overlap with each other and with barlines
There is a similar issue (#81121: Dynamics and Hairpins overlap), but that issue is concerned only with collisions with dynamics and hairpins and mostly focuses on when they are placed on the same notes.
This issue covers additional collision problems that I hope will not occur in MuseScore 3. Yes, this issue should probably be multiple issues, but the fix is likely to be the same for all of these: a better layout engine.
The attached score shows the following problems:
- Measure 1: The "mf" dynamic collides with a note.
- Measure 2: The "p" dynamic collides with a note.
- Measure 3: The "sf" dynamic collides with the "ppp" dynamic (and with the note beam).
- Measure 4: The hairpin collides with a note.
- Measure 5: The "fff" dynamic collides with the bar line.
- Measure 5 again: The hairpin and "ppp" dynamic collide, even though the hairpin ends on the note before the dynamic
Except for the collision with the bar line, I'm pretty sure human engravers would not produce these problems. All of them can be fixed by manual adjustments except the collision of the "sf" and "ppp", where the note spacing should probably be increased. There are also cases where there is simply no room for a dynamic or hairpin unless the staff spacing is increased (which is supposed to be a feature of 3.0, right?).