more keyboard questions -- entering double bar line and using menus, entering natural note, staff text to staff navigation,+more
arg, it's so frustrating to have to use the mouse all the time! i look forward to when i learn how to do everything via keyboard only!
when i try to change a normal bar line to a double bar line, the only way i know how to do it is:
- go to Create > Barlines..
- double click the double bar line
but when i try to use the keyboard to do this, i can access the Create menu by pressing Alt-C, but there is no way for me to quickly press one key (such as 'B') to enter the Barlines menu. i have to manually press the down key until i highlight the Barlines option, then hit enter.
and then, once i open up the Barlines window, i cannot find a way to use the keyboard to select the double bar line. i have to use the mouse by double clicking the double bar line.
so, how do i navigate to the Barlines menu quickly using the keyboard, and how do i select the double barline using they keyboard?
i can select note duration using the keyboard, but how do i select the natural sign using the keyboard? (this is important for when i want to do chords where one of the notes is natural.)
what i'm doing with musescore is to notate a whole bunch of motifs one after the other, and variations of those motifs, to help me compose my music. i separate each motif with a double bar line, and use staff text at the beginning of each motif to give each one of them a name.
i want a quick way of entering staff text using the keyboard, essentially.
i'm currently doing this by:
- hitting Ctrl-T to enter staff text
- typing in my text
- highlighting the text
- using the mouse to increase the font size and make the text bold
already, i wish that i didn't have to use the mouse to increase the font size and make the text bold ; is there any way to use the keyboard to do this instead?
once i have one staff text, i then
- select it using the mouse, then press Ctrl-C to copy it
- navigate to a new place on the staff, press Ctrl-V
- use the mouse to double click the staff text, so i can edit the text
- highlight the text (ie if i don't i lose my big font size formatting and bold formatting)
- type in my new text
- then use the mouse to click on the staff to be able to navigate the staff again.
how do i select already-existing staff text and enter into a mode where i can edit it, using only the keyboard?
and after typing in my new staff text, how do i use the keyboard to get back to being able to navigate the staff?