Playback in Karaoke mode
In the current MS, if you want to play songs for Karaoke at home with friends, you need to do something like this:
1) open the kar file
2) hide all staves, except the one with the lyrics
3) set the lyrics font to a big size (say 40px) and the staff to small
4) move the lyrics above the staff, so that they are always visible while playing (and singing) and the singers can get a glimpse of the next words in the row below the current one.
5) consider transposing to make it easier to sing for common people (it depends on the song)
6) hide palette, toolbars, inspector, midi import window and all the rest that takes up valuable space
7) show fullscreen
8) start playback and sing
9) undo steps 6 and 7 to restore the previous state
10) close the file without saving and go back to 1 for the next song
That's a lot of things to do for each song. I know, MS is not meant to be a karaoke player, but I think it happens to be the best free-as-in-speech karaoke player out there nevertheless, that is easy to install and that has transpose capabilites and that is cross platform and then a lot of other good things.
The needed functions are already there except number 2, which has to automatically hide all staves without lyrics (I bet it's a no brainer to implement).
This new feature could be a new "Start playback" button, maybe in the MIDI import window, that does steps 2 to 9 above, and in step 5 would simply show the traspose dialog, letting the user decide what to do, if anything.
This feature would not turn MS into a professional karaoke player, but it would make it dramatically easier to use and good enough for the above scenario, e.g. at home with friends.