Which trumpet mutes are most used?

I'm making a soundfont and I have soundfonts several types of mutes. I don't want to put all them in, so which two kinds of mutes are used the most?


I don't know the answer, but I do know there are some more pieces of info needed to give you an answer.

What instrument and what kind of music are you making the sound font for?

In reply to by ♪𝔔𝔲𝔞𝔳𝔢𝔯 ℭ𝔯𝔞𝔣𝔱𝔢𝔯♪

For trumpets:, I think the most common are the hard (or "straight"), and "cup" mutes.

For horns: the "stopped", and "con sordino" mutes. The latter is a hard mute.

For trombones: the hard (or "straight") and "cup" mutes.

You have a good reference for these effects, including links to audio demostrations, in http://andrewhugill.com/OrchestraManual/trumpets.html

I look forward to your soundfont, if you make it publicily available!

Do you still have an unanswered question? Please log in first to post your question.