Mezzo soprano clef reverts to treble clef
I am trying to write out some Anglican chant, which is on only two lines. There is a flat sign on the upper line. To get this configuration, I have to put it in the Mezzo-Soprano clef (middle C is on the second line from the bottom). Besides the problem of it constantly reverting to the treble clef, the file also quits unexpectedly.
You may notice that there is a long, rectangular, black notehead. That is a .png image that I have put in my notehead palette so that I can, more or less, reproduce the notation as it appears in the original score I am copying.
Here is what I want it to look like:
This is the same thing, but with the clef showing—more or less. The notes shifted when I made the clefs visible again, so some of them are wrong. But I am done with trying to get accurate screenshots!
My problem is that it keeps reverting to the treble clef whenever I try to do anything in the Staff/Part Properties window.
Here is what it looks like when the clef reverts to the treble clef:
Here is the same thing, again, but with the clef visible:
I am not sure what is happening here—whether it is a glitch or if I am doing something wrong.