Edit Drumset panel doesn't appear with Custom Percussion staff type
S4 - Minor
1) Create a new score including a percussion instrument which has the "Custom Percussion" staff type
2) Enter note input on this staff
3) Observe no Edit Drumset panel
4) Using the Instruments dialog, change the staff type to a built-in percussion (eg, "Perc. 5 lines")
5) Enter note input on the staff
6) Observe Edit Drumset panel
Can you explain step 1 in more detail? Which instrument are you adding, what are you doing to make it have a custom type?
In reply to Can you explain step 1 in… by Marc Sabatella
Using the new score wizard, General > Choose instruments..., then add any from the "Percussion - Unpitched" section, then change the Staff Type in the right panel to "Custom Percussion"
I see - that's probably not even supposed to be possible. So I think the fix is to disable it. As far as I know, the custom types are only supposed to show (automatically) if you have actually customized the staff type yourself in staff properties, and in that case, the edit drumset should continue to work
In reply to I see - that's probably not… by Marc Sabatella
Can confirm that what you described works. Disabling the "Custom X" options from the new instrument dialog seems like a good choice to me.