Adding text to a hairpin - odd behaviour.
OS: Windows 10 (10.0), Arch.: x86_64, MuseScore version (64-bit): 126.96.36.19960, revision: 20414b2
I was trying to add square brackets as begin and end text to a hairpin to show that it is an editorial addition. I found some odd and slightly inconvenient behaviour.
If I enter a hairpin and leave it selected or select a hairpin by clicking on it, the properties of the hairpin are displayed in the inspector, all as expected. In the inspector if I open the text properties panel, and tick the Begin text box the expected boxes are shown to allow text entry and text properties adjustment, again as expected.
Now comes the odd behaviour. When I click within the box labelled "Text" to enter the left bracket, the text entry boxes immediately collapse and the Begin text box is unticked. If I tick the Begin text box again, the text entry boxes re-appear and this time, the text entry boxes do not collapse when I click to start entering text. The same thing happens with the continue and end text tick boxes.
If, starting from an unselected hairpin, I click on it to select it and then right click and select Edit element from the contextual menu, and then tick the Begin text box, this time I can enter text into the text entry box straight away.
It is not a big deal, I do what I want to do quite easily, but it just takes more clicks than I would expect and the behaviour seems odd and inconsistent.