Using Inspector spin box to move an element from below to above staff creates surprise when the placement changes
OS: Windows 10 (10.0), Arch.: x86_64, MuseScore version (64-bit): 126.96.36.19988, revision: 148e43f
- Create a new score
- Select a whole measure rest or add a note and add a dynamic.
- Select the dynamic. Note the Y offset – in my case I have the default set to -2.5
- Use the down -spin button to decrease the Y offset several times.
- Result the dynamic moves upwards in steps of 0.5 spaces until an offset of -5.0 is reached. The next click on the spin button changes the Y offset to -5.5 but the dynamic moves a large distance up. Expected result, the dynamic moves up by another 0.5 space.
- Click on the reset to style default button next to the Y offset
- Result 1: the offset is set to -3.0. Expected result: the offset is set to -2.5
- Result 2: the dynamic moves downwards but is positioned above the stave at a distance of approximately 3 sp above the top line. Expected result: the dynamic returns to the position it had when originally added in step 2.
You get the same result if instead of using the spin button at step 5. you type a Y offset into the inspector. There is a large difference in position between a value of -5.0 and a value of -5.01.
There are similar results with other elements when the offset is changed to a value greater than +4.50 sp or less than -5.0 sp. I have tested lines, stave text and system text and they exhibit the same problem. It does not occur with articulations, ornaments, slurs or ties.
The problem persists in 3.5 beta.