Specific bugs in Musescore 3.5 including echoes.
I have upgraded to every new release including betas and never experienced a problem. My computer is Intel i5 chipset-based with 12 GB memory. I'm a retired software developer and pianist.
Every note is giving an echo and sounds bad. It is not your usual MIDI through echo.
Musescore is sometimes remembering the MIDI settings I enter but not showing them as being set.
I have retried setting to factory settings several times and does not seem to change anything. I searched my computer and found a 3.0.2 version and it works fine. Oh, and the OS is Windows 10 and G force integrated video.
My MIDI input is a Roland RD-2000 or an Akai Pro MKII Mini. It is not a corrupt score or any of the other things that have been suggested.
It may be chords sounding, but I guess I didn't realize that Musescore has that feature like Finale 12 full does.
I have tried every workaround I can think of. Maybe I'm missing something as my brain cells are getting pretty old. But the problems are so diversified with this release that it looks like a corrupt build to me.
The 32-bit version exhibits the same problems as the 64 bit.
It think this build needs to be pulled and the next most recent be published for download. Although I seem to be getting by okay with 3.0.2. I can go back to Finale 12 but I've become a little more proficient with Musescore and it is 64 bit,