Notation for trombone - "glissandi"?

• Oct 30, 2020 - 08:58

I just wonder if there's a notation in Musescore for the sound of a trombone with the smooth change of the slide. A particular example is in Bartok's Concerto for orchestra - there may be others. I tried glissando, but it gives a stepped sound in Musescore. Pitch bend perhaps might give the effect, but it ought to be tied to whatever notation is commonly used.

I just checked in the score of Bartok's Concerto for Orchestra - IMSLP - 4th Movement - not public domain in the US - and in that score the marking is gliss - but this doesn't seem to give the right sound in Musescore.


In reply to by Jojo-Schmitz

OK - that'll be good.

I think timpani glissandi are also similar - there are also some of those in the Bartok piece mentioned I think, and also in his 2nd violin conerto.
I'm not sure about the "whooping" effects in Janacek's Sinfonietta either - I'll have to look at the score for that if I can find it.
Actually I can't see anything which looks like a glissando in the Janacek - but it is rather a complicated score. The composer may have achieved the effect in other ways.

Do you still have an unanswered question? Please log in first to post your question.