A Tempo does not Follow Text change to the original or previous tempo marking
- Add tempo to beginning of score Moderato ( 1/4 = 80)
- 4th bar later add a "rit..." system text
- 5th bar add an "A Tempo" tempo marking without "( 1/4 = 80)" tempo written out
Both the Moderato and A Tempo's Tempo Text has Follow Text checked and 80.00BPM grayed out in Tempo:
- Change the Moderato speed to (1/4 = 40)
- A Tempo should Follow Text to the changed 1/4 = 40 but it stays at the original speed of 80.
A Tempo should always be the original tempo. In this case, any change to the original tempo has to be manually changed on every A Tempo marking. My piece has a number of ritardandos and this would be tedious at best.