Changing playback speed is buggy
My issue is always present whenever I try to play any sheet on MuseScore 4.0. It sounds like it is constantly trying to catch up with the beat. As if my computer could not handle the program, even though I had no such problems running 3.6.2 and the task manager showed low CPU usage (~30%). I am unsure if this is related, but the audio itself, outside of the speed issues, sounds weak and clippy. Like it is super-low resolution. It honestly hurts my ears with how bad and sharp it sounds. I tried changing the SoundFont to a third-party one linked to the official guide, but the same issue occurred. I will try changing my audio device's sample rate and bit depth to see if that helps. I cannot use the program at all in this state; it's unbearable.
My computer specs are:
CPU: Ryzen 3600
Ram: 16 GB DDR4 at 3200 MHz cas 16
GPU: ASUS GTX 1660 ti
MoBo: Gigabyte x570 elite (rev. 1)
DAC: Schiit Modi 3+ running at 24/192 via audio device settings, with a Parametric EQ preset.
OS: Windows 11 22H2 (latest updates installed)
In reply to (No subject) by Jojo-Schmitz
Whenever I change the playback speed, using the slider on the undocked playback control panel, the system gets dazed and confused. Part of the score will play fast, others slow, parts will play over each other.