XML Issues, Take Two
Having finished some long standing work using 0.9.5, I finally had the liberty of downloading the latest trunk, I compiled it against Qt 4.6.1 (latest version), and tested all my control files. Following are my findings:
- Grace notes are still exported using "backup" elements, in place of a "grace" element, as stated in the standard.
- Two-note tremolos are still not exported at all, but this time the tremolo beams are displayed shifted to the right too much that they collide with minim stems (for example). Besides, when the MuseScore pre-release read my previously made file that contained two-note tremolos, it displayed them in a very strangely looking way.
- Again, when a note has a composite articulation, e.g. tenuto + staccato, only one of them appears in the exported XML (usually the staccato). And, again, some articulation signs are not exported at all, like the espressivo.
- Adding a tempo string, and changing its bpm value to 80, the value that got exported was 79.9998.
- 8va markings, unlike slurs, are still anchored in between notes, not to the notes concerned. This results in a complicated situation where the 8va element stops at the start of a measure if the last note within it is the last note of the preceding measure. I couldn't compare the situation with other notation software, but will try.
I hope I'm not being pedantic, or picky, or whining too much...
Hosam Adeeb Nashed