Issues with appending and inserting frames
See attached file. It shows the last system in a 4-part choir:
(1) Append a text frame to the last bar. This causes the system to assume the full width of the page, making it look overstretched. The system length should have remained unchanged.
(2) Undo any changes then append a horizontal frame to the last bar. Drag the handle to the right (or use ctrl + right arrow etc.). When it meets the right-hand page margin, the frame edges suddenly flicks back to the left. If you continue to drag the handle it will cause the system to shorten. This could be a useful way to adjust the final length, but the behaviour of the frame is irregular.
(3) If you now append a text frame (as well as the horizontal frame) you get a strange result: a brace and staff names appears on the right-hand side of the system. Or if you add the text frame then the horizontal frame you get the same strange result.
(4) Undo all the changes. Now insert a horizontal frame before bar 1. So far, so good. Now insert a text frame or vertical frame to the same bar. Again you get a strange result with an extra brace above the first system.
(4) Another issue with horizontal frames. The handle can be dragged backwards across the score so that the right hand edge ends up before the insertion point! If you click off this "rogue" frame you can't click on it again.