GSoC 2018 - Beginner Mode and Tutorial Creation - Week 11
This is my weekly update on my Google Summer of Code project. There will be three parts of this blog post: what I did, what had issues, and what is next. Then, I will end it with a question that I would like answered for part of the project.
What I did
- Improved msgbox placement
- Before, the message box placement was fully decided on the top left corner of the widgets box. The widgets box is an invisible rectangle that surround all the selected widgets. If the top left corner was above the middle of the screen or to the left of middle it would display below or to the right respectively and vice versa. However, this led to strange placement when the scoreview was selected. Instead, it looks at the center of the widgets box and makes the same decisions.
- Fixed the workspace expansion pr
- Before, the workspace pr was failing due to some includes in preferences.cpp. After reworking my code, I removed the dependency on the workspace from preferences. Now, it completes the tests just fine and is almost completely ready for a merge.
- Began work on final documentation
- Along with documentation required for GSoC final report, I also started work on some musescore documentation for both my tours and workspace expansion. If these are merged before the week is up, I'll post these in the proper locations (e.g. handbook, developer's handbook, etc.). If not, I'll simply put them in a forum post for others to reference and review.
What had issues
- Next to nothing this time.
What is next
- Clean up PRs and (hopefully) merge
- Currently, the PRs need a bit more cleanup before they are ready to be merged. After that, hopefully my PR will be merged so I have a chance to fix any bugs before GSoC is over.
- Finish up documentation
- I should soon have the documentation for the tours and the workspace expansion fully completed and ready to be added as mentioned above.
Question for the Week
How likely would you be to use/create/test tours?