Bug reports and Feature requests
Before filing bug reports or feature requests in the Issue Tracker it is recommended first to post it in the relevant Forum so others may help establish a bug as genuine, or provide ideas and second opinions for new features.
Include a link to such discussion when creating the Issue.
Before posting in the issue tracker:
- Try to reproduce the issue with the latest nightly. You may also view the version history to check whether it has been fixed/implemented already.
Please include as much of the following information as you know and limit each issue to one report:
- Version/revision of MuseScore you are using (e.g. version 3.0, revision 871c8ce). Check Help → About... (Mac: MuseScore → About MuseScore...).
- Operating system being used (e.g. Windows 7, macOS 10.12 or Ubuntu 14.04)
- Describe the precise steps that lead to the problem (where do you click, what keys do you press, what do you see, etc.).
If you are not able to reproduce the problem with the steps, it is probably not worth reporting it as the developers will not be able to reproduce (and solve) it either. Remember that the goal of a bug report is not only to show the problem, but to allow others to reproduce it easily.
- Attach the score that shows the problem —use the "File attachments" option at the bottom of the page, just above the Save and Preview buttons when you're typing your post.
When posting in the Issue Tracker:
- Be brief, but describe the goal as precisely as you can
- Describe the context in which the new feature is intended to work
- Suggest a specific workflow, if you can