Incorrect Transposition When Switching Instruments Within a Part
How to reproduce:
1. Choose any instrument
2. Use "Instrument change" to switch to an instrument that transposes differently than the current one.
3. Use "Instrument change" to switch back to the original instrument
4. For some instruments this changes the notes, for others the key signature, and others may be either or neither.
Not the end of the world but a big deal since I'm writing stuff that requires different transpositions on the same staff of the same part. I can't find a workaround that doesn't compromise the concert key signature and consequently other parts' key signatures.
I've also found that if you redundantly "Instrument change" to the same instrument, the transposition will transpose the notes and key signature again.
- Switch from a C instrument to a Bb instrument on the same staff of the same part. The staff will transpose down a full-step, or C to Bb
- From a subsequent measure, "Change instrument" to the same Bb instrument. The staff will transpose down ANOTHER full-step, or Bb to Ab, instead of to Bb as would be correct.
Edit: More Info, attached the file with the original error(38-World_on_Fire-Stick_Figure.mscz), and the workaround file (38-World_on_Fire-Stick_Figure-Bb_Trumpet.mscx).
I attached the demo as I was experimenting with consistently recreating the error and thought that captured the error concisely.
I originally encountered the error in a part for that had several other instruments in the file (electric guitar, electric keyboard, electric bass, voice, Bb trumpet, and melodica). I was attempting to change to melodica within the trumpet part with the "Instrument Change" button under the "Text" palate.
I expected to change to melodica and automatically transpose to concert key, then change back to trumpet and transpose back to Bb. What happened was that changing to melodica does not transpose to concert key, and changing back to trumpet will redundantly transpose the part down another whole-step.
As a workaround, I created a new score with only trumpet (38-World_on_Fire-Stick_Figure-Bb_Trumpet.mscx). Then I used the same "Instrument Change" button under the "Text" palate to switch to melodica and back.
I encountered no transposition error in this file. Switching to Melodica resulted in concert key transposition and switching to Bb Trumpet resulted in Bb transposition.
I hope this clarifies things. I will explore the duplicates for more workarounds.