I have several scores all consisting of a melody line with words put in as staff text. (Reasons below.) When I tried to make an album, I got an uninformative error message, but when I selected ones with the same spatium, I succeeded. Feature request: albums should allow components to have and keep different spatiums. Without that, the Album feature is useless for my purpose, but to experiment I selected components with the same spatium. Many problems remained.
All settings of the first component were applied to the rest. For instance, to get good layout, I typically experiment with the spacing (tightness), so different components have different spacings. Album loses that, so to retain the components' system breaks, one has to put in line breaks at every system of every component and reduce the spacing of the first component to 1.0 (or the minimum of all components).
System spacers were lost. I needed these to adjust for the varying number of lines of lyrics under each system. Maybe with Lyrics entry this wouldn't be so necessary, but there are other reasons to want such adjustments.
The first component's multimeasure rest choice applies to all, which one might reasonably not want. Ditto the copyright notice.
Location adjustments to small-note cues in initial measures, and changes in layout stretch in those measures, were lost. They are also lost on copy and paste from the component scores. This seems like a bug. Even after fixing everything I could find, the second component had two extra system breaks I cannot account for (album and second component attached).
Btw, if you want each component to start on a new page, putting page breaks at the ends of the components accomplishes this.
Especially with lyrics, layout can sometimes be improved by breaking a measure across systems. MuseScore allows this but does not adjust the measure number appropriately. Feature request: when measure 9, say, is split across systems (identifiable by the hidden bar line at the end of a system), the option should be offered of labeling the second portion of the measure 9b rather than 10; in fact, this should be the default. I realize it can be done now, but it is a fair amount of trouble, including getting the b placed correctly.
I guess what I want (feature request) instead of an Album is a Collection which strings together components but leaves their settings alone. The components could be changed in either the Collection or the components (like parts in a score) but repagination would be possible in the Collection in the absence of page breaks in the components. I haven't thought out how that would work, or anything else, but you get the idea.
The reason I used staff text instead of Lyrics is that I entered one component that way before Lyrics existed and several more before trying it. Furthermore, the components are much more attractive and compact as staff text than as Lyrics with its often wide spacing, sometimes very wide, even with only one stanza. In the example attached, staff text takes 10 systems and fits nicely on one page while Lyrics takes 14 systems. I think it would be worse with two stanzas if I am right that Lyrics insists on full, non-overlapping space for every syllable.
Lehrer_2 Be_Prepared melody.mscz Lehrer melodies 1.764.mscz Lehrer 5 The_Wild_West_lyric exp.mscz Lehrer 5 The_Wild_West_melody r.mscz