Musicxml export - text lines and hairpins not exported, summing up
Today I am really frustrated by this set of issues. When I check my braille transcription of this score:
I found there are two problems:
1. All "hairpin"s set using textline are not exported in Musicxml, and this was mentioned earlier. This even causes all texts like cresc., dim., poco a poco cresc. not being able to exported into musicxml. What's more, in this piece:
all text lines marked "cresc." are exported as a diminuendo line, and this is quite misleading.
2. Back to the Chopin score, from measure 242 on, all hairpins are not exported, and I have to look into the code to find all of them. Perhaps this is because of there are other text lines, but I don't know.
I believe these two issues are related, because they are all about the spanners. I'm really frustrated, and I quite suspect whether my braille transcription will beat the quality of my Open Braille Music Project down, and harm blind musicians a lot. These are very basic problems, and none of other notation softwares have such kind of problems. I even suspect whether I can continue the Open Score Braille project, unless we just do easier works. From Musescore 3.0 to 3.0.2, I see nothing improved with Musicxml, and I think if I have to return to Finale or Sibelius. But that engraving costs too much, so this becomes a dead loop. Sorry for my complaints, but today I'm really shocked by such strange problems, and have spent about 4 hours on such things which could have been avoided! Hope these can be solved soon. I don't hope all symbols can be exported into Musicxml, but having so basic problems already causing harm to the transcription. Sorry again, and I'm looking forward to the improvements.