Multiple strings playing fast expr leads to distorted playback
S3 - Major
In the attached score there is a strange sound when I play this section of music. When I change the sound in the mixer for the Violas (not the solo viola) to Viola slow expr the problem goes away.
It exports to a .ogg file just fine. I attached the .ogg just because I made it.
|Viola problem.ogg||123.94 KB|
I have done some more testing of the attached file. I soloed all 5 string sections and got the same result. Out of those five, I then muted one section at a time to see when the distortion was heard. The result, is that the only time I heard the distortion was only when the contrabasses are muted. Muting any other section led to a clean playback.
I had not restarted my computer in a couple of days, so I tried that between the original post and this one. It made no difference. Finally, the best fix I found was to switch the cellos and violas to the tremolo espr. sounds and all problems were cleared up. I normally allow the tremolo signs to take care of the tremolo sound.