New HQ soundfont not fully compatible with 3.0.5
1) Starting point: 3.0.5 installed and a score with several bowed string, woodwind and classic guitar loaded (Preferences include "continue last session").
2) Install 3.1 beta on a different folder.
3) Open 3.1. Last session from 3.0.5 opens automatically.
3) Install from the resource manager the HQ soundfont MuseScore_General_HQ.sf3.
4) Play the score: it works fine and recognizes single-note dynamics.
5) Close 3.1 beta and open 3.0.5.
6) Play the score. Only pizzicatos and classic guitar are played. Bowed strings and woodwind are silent.
7) Looking at Synthesizer, it appears that the HQ soundfont has been installed and it is abpve the original soundfont.
Workaround: Go to Synthesizer and move to top the old soundfont MuseScore_General.sf3. the process is quite slow (seems that the application has frozen, but after a couple of minutes the change takes place). Now the score plays as usually (no single-note dynamics, of course).