Adding a chord that extends beyond a measure not possible
If I have a measure that has 1/8 rest left in the measure but try to add a 1/4 note chord, I can't do it. Here are the steps:
1. click on the 1/8 note rest
2. Hit "N" to enter notation mode
3. Put a 1/4 note on the rest. When placing it will actually put an 1/8 note in one measure and the rest of the 1/4 note in the next measure.
4. Try to put the next note in the chord. When you do that, it erases the first note you entered.
There is an awkward workaround.
1. Place the first 1/4 note
2. Change the note duration to 1/8 note
3. Place the 1/8 note.
4. Go to the next measure to put the last half of the second note in the chord.
IMO, this is a bug that needs fixin'. I am using latest version 3.5 nightly.