How to change rest duration?
Hi, I’m a brand-new user of Musescore. On my very first measure I managed to make a mess and have been trying to figure out how to solve it. I am one eighth short and I want to change the last rest into a quarter rest. I have searched the forum and the handbook and tried the suggestions I found. Have a look at my five different feeble attempts:
1. In normal, I select rest and click quarter note icon. Here I show the tabulator staff to show that I’m using it (in case it is relevant).
2. In note mode (step-time) I click the quarter note icon, then the rest icon, and then press 0 (or click the rest).
3. In note mode (insert) I click the eighth note icon, then the rest icon and the click on the rest. Now I have a correct measure, but how do I merge the two rests into a quarter rest? Doesn’t seem to be the correct way anyway.
4. In note mode (insert) I click the eighth note icon, then the rest icon and then press 0.
5. Here I have used method number 3 and then deleted the eighth note with Ctrl-Del. If this is what I have to do, I have to do it. Doesn’t seem to be the correct way though. But how do I fix the distance between the note and the rest now? Is there a beautify button somewhere?