Rests Between Beams Is Causing Beam Malfunctions
Sometimes in when I try to put beams across two notes with a rest in between them, it causes the beams to do weird things like disappear, refuse to connect, or be unable to have their positions adjusted.
I noticed it seems to only happen between the first pair of notes in the first measure in a row of measures.
The problem only occurred in 5 out of 24 measures that I did this to, so it seems like it's kind of random.
1: Have a rest between two beamable notes (anything smaller than a quarter note)
2: Select the notes, then go into the "Beam Properties" palette
3: Select "Beam Middle" so that a beam appears over/under the rest that is in between the two notes