Big trouble with MuseScore 2
I have worked for years with MuseScore and used the last two years MuseScore 1.3 to my satisfaction. More than 200 works written with MuseScore are published in PDF, MIDI and MP3 format at www.free-scores.com under my name: Henry Pool. Have a look.
Now, on your advice, I downloaded MuseScore 2, trusting you, that this would be an improvement. I was so sure of that, that I even deleted MuseScore 1.3 (probably the most stupid thing I ever did). And now I am screwed up, because MuseScore 2 is full of bugs. I just finished writing a movement for a sonata for piano solo and discovered:
1. If I put dynamics in the score, they jump to other places and do not stay, where I want them to stay. I had manually to correct this - a very time consuming business, and that, while I have so little time.
2. I saved the movement as an MSCZ file and wanted to saved it as a PDF file. That doesn't go. With MuseScore 1.3 I would ask for "save as" and would get a drop list with many possibilities like PDF, MIDI, etc. Now I do not get anything. There just is no drop list.
3. The program doesn't read the 8va ---------------- With or without it, the sound is the same!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
4. The sound overall doesn't reflect the volume of my speakers. A piano you don't hear. In order to hear the music, I change the instrument to trumpet and ask for ffffff. Only then I can hear the music.
5. With MuseScore 1.3 I used often Ctrl-L. I would get a small screen with dynamics and words like crescendo --------------- and diminuendo --------------. This disappeared entirely. Why?????????
Can you please tell me ASAP, what is going on? My musical career is now seriously in jeopardy because of MuseScore 2!!!!! I have no money, live in poverty, but I may spare some of the money for food and buy the Finale Music Notation Program. Friends have told me, that that is very good. MuseScore 2 will make MuseScore bankrupt, if there isn't any improvement very soon.
Sincerely, Henry Pool.